Some Things About Dance is a digital book. It is a collection of playful ideas or things about the art of dance. Each brief chapter is self-contained, and covers a range of topics to do with things like collaboration, creativity, communication and practice. The book is primarily written for people interested in dance as an art form – dancers, teachers, choreographers, audiences – but will also appeal to creatives and managers who are seeking surprising or alternative ways to be inspired or challenged.
The book is Pay What You Want, and 80% of any profits will be given to Chisenhale Dance Space in London. The remaining 20% will go to choreographer and artist Hamish MacPherson for his work on the book's illustrations.
Some Things About Dance
Text: Simon Ellis
Illustrations: Hamish MacPherson
Please note that I'm able to update the book at any time so if you do find any errors please let me know.